Real Estate Associate Ottawa
We are seeking a lawyer with 2+ years of experience in real estate to join our busy firm.
Our general practice law office has been established in Ottawa for over 40 years. Over that time period, we have served thousands of clients in the Ottawa area, and have developed a solid reputation for providing quality legal advice and excellent service to our clients. Most of our business comes from repeat clients, or from client referrals. You will appreciate the many benefits of working with our small firm, including:
- Progressive and family-friendly leave policy and flexible work schedule
- Complete accounting and office support
- Live receptionist
- Free parking
- Remote work both encouraged and supported
- Secure electronic communications with your clients
We are located 10 minutes from downtown, just South of the Queensway off St. Laurent Blvd. We offer a relaxed, collegial workplace with reasonable hours, good work / life balance and attractive compensation and benefits. We make use of the latest technology and are fully equipped to deal with clients remotely due to COVID-19.
As the successful candidate, you will undertake all aspects of both residential and commercial real estate transactions. You must be able to work with support from senior counsel and be a self-starter. Experience with Wills and Estates would also be an asset. You will handle your own files, and also assist with the firm’s other clients by meeting with clients, drafting documents, communicating with opposing counsel, and closing transactions.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in a law firm;
- Excellent knowledge of real estate law and procedures;
- Ability to be both a self-starter and team player;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong technical skills; and
- Must be a member of the Ontario Bar in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
Candidates who have a portable practice with or without your own staff, or who are looking to wind down and ease into semi-retirement, will also be considered.
If you are interested, please forward your resumé in .PDF format by e-mail to HR@RobertLewisLaw.com by December 2, 2020. Your application will be handled in strict confidence.
Please note that while we appreciate all submissions, only those candidates who are being considered for an interview will receive a reply.