Our experience makes for a great experience.
Legal matters are often complex. We have the expertise necessary to understand them, along with the experience and service standards needed to ensure our clients can make informed decisions and minimize legal risk. The firm continues to honour the values that inspired the late Patrick J. Lafrange to establish this firm in 1974: top-quality legal advice and client service at a reasonable price. Our commitment to these values is why the firm continues to enjoy such a strong reputation and why repeat customers and referrals from satisfied customers account for the vast majority of our business.
To better serve our customers, we provide:
- An on-site receptionist who answers telephone calls during business hours;
- Free parking;
- Secure after-hours document drop-off;
- Secure electronic communications with your lawyer; and,
- Same-day reporting on real estate transactions.
Important News: New regulations for Ontario property buyers take effect April 24th, 2017
As of Monday, April 24th, anyone who buys real estate in Ontario must disclose additional information in order to close their transaction. The new regulations are designed to prevent buyers – particularly non-Canadians – from buying and selling properties quickly (a process known as flipping). As part of the purchasing process, buyers must now provide the following information to the government:
- Whether the buyer will occupy the property or rent it out;
- Citizenship of the Purchaser;
- Residency Status of the Purchaser;
- The type of property (e.g. house, multi-unit dwelling);
- If the Purchaser is a corporation, information about the corporation; and
- If the Purchaser is a trustee or nominee, the identity of the beneficial owner
Beginning April 24, 2017, these requirements must be met for all real-estate purchases. The Province of Ontario has also announced plans to make further changes to the laws that govern real-estate purchases in the near future, which will involve additional taxes for non-resident Purchasers. For more information about buying property in Ontario, please contact us.